Monday, March 9, 2009

one more night

I hate how everyone has that person, and I hate that that person is you. I hate that I've moved on but not past it and I'm missing someone else too.
Arms and legs and our hair tangle and it feels less like a knot and more like a trap, and I'm caught. Fighting a fight I've already fought. Bricks on a sidewalk aligned, puzzle pieces I've been trying to find, a trap that is so perfectly intertwined. The album in your car plays tracks one through thirteen not missing a chord of our story. Perfectly recorded and re-recorded and replayed a million times. I don't have the energy anymore to do a thing but listen, I'm too tired to change anything, too exhausted to try anything new. Let's sleep a million years and hope someday soon you'll buy those curtains.

No comments: