Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the positives.

I'm working on the good things. I may only have 10 bucks in my wallet, but I absolutely have to stay positive if I'm going to stay standing.

My new job is neat. It's not great, it's not glamorous, but it's a job. I get to learn how to make tons of cool lebanese food that I'd never have a clue about. I've mastered cutting gyro meat now! Woo! I'm forced to try something new everyday. Zakia is the cutest little old lady in the world, and she speaks French and smiles a lot. I wish my two years of French would come back to me. As of now I'm working everyday 9am-230, which is good because that's steady. Once I'm done training I'll surely lose hours though, so I just need to get my hands on a second job.

I really want to make a plan, find a path, and get on it. Lanette and I need to have a talk, I want to stay there for the summer again and work with her. From there I want to really work on building connections and job shadowing everything she does. This often involves conference calls on the deck with cigarettes and white wine, the best. After that I can either take that experience back home or stay there depending on how things are going and go to community college and get a degree to fall back on.. But I don't need a degree to work in music mgmt.. Sooo we'll see if I need it. I might be just lucky enough to do it with connections, which equals interning for big names, which means more than a degree. I kind of like that I know what I need to do and I don't need to rush. I'm 20 I can't start a career yet anyways.

My mom just called me for guy advice, shouldn't it be the other way around? I thought it was funny. She always calls me and lanette because "we always know what to say." Though this is true, I can always tell someone else what to say, I can't do it myself. It's a curse.

No comments: