Sunday, December 21, 2008

Xmas vacation update 1

I've been on the road for about 14 hours. It is hell.. But it could always be worse. So it's myself, my dad, my little sister, her best friend, and my brother and two of his friends. Shoot me. I'm curled in a ball in the back with my ipod and my cigarettes. My back is killing me.

After you move out, when you're back with your family you feel like a fish out of water. But it was out of water, on land with them that I began.. I guess I just dove in and have been drowning ever since.. I need water, I'd rather be gasping for air with my friends. I don't remember why I thought this trip was a good idea, I'll get back to you when I figure it out.

Last night was pretty great. Slept in til 2 with michael, showered and tiff came over. Got ready for the show. Was very late for the show. Got drunk in the car.. Then I sang my little heart out to Sing It Loud, cause I have no shame. All these people saying they're too good for sing it loud.. Well here's what I have to say, since when were you ever too good for your friends band that happened to get successful? I guess they weren't really your friends to begin with huh. I don't believe in the term sold out, I believe in the words success and jealousy.

The after party at Wickard's was so so. A lot of weirdo randoms showed up. I just don't know how people figure it out sometimes.. It's not like his address was posted anywhere, people are creeps. It was so nice to see the boys. I got to actually talk to Ben, I haven't in so long. It's weird thinking what we used to be. Two kids in Menomonie downloading music on limewire and burning cds for each other like it was our job. Going to Minneapolis on the weekends to see The Semester, and now he's playing with Pat. It's surreal. I'm so proud. There was a lot of stupid drama with Pat last night, I'm glad I'm not involved. Regardless, it was nice to be in the same house drinking beer with so many people I love.

I think I'm in Oklahoma now and I'm listening to The Morning Light on repeat. Absolutely obsessed with the song "follow me home" because of this verse:
I don't believe you, I don't believe that you're alright. No I don't believe you cause there's a part of you that never wanted any part of me. And you never knew enough to know that you're forever going to be alone...
And you were better before you got better than me.


-->Download<--- 

-Mady

No comments: