Thursday, January 8, 2009

1.8.09.

It's a shortcut to drive past your old street on the way home, and when I see your street I think I would've saved a lot of time if it just ended there on Quincey. I wonder about where we'd be if we never met, or if we met sooner. It seems things just happened the way they were supposed to, we can't control that. Life sets us up for devastation sometimes to thicken our skin, but I thought it hurt enough the first three times we walked away. The twists and turns somehow always brought me back to you and your scraggly arms, and to think I felt safe there. hah. Your denial overthrew the truth and it feels like falling feet first and breaking both my legs. All I can ask myself is why I jumped in the first place when I knew I could break. I'm okay but getting back up is hard when you feel like you'll never walk again. I still don't know if I will.. be myself again I mean.

And Madison says she's never been in love. I wish I could tell her she's lucky, that it hurts more than it doesn't, it only fills voids, and she's better off sticking to lust. But I couldn't destroy someone's hope like that. I used to have hope too, until I met you. I could list off all the reasons I hate you and publicly humiliate you, but I leave the low blows to you, you're good at it. Go date a stripper and contract a disease or something. Talk to me in a year and tell me you made the right choice. You'll never find better, that's a promise. 

Remember this song?

I could use an Ace Enders right now. 

Try something new..
or


No comments: